All of the Milton, GA public schools are outstanding and those that serve Crooked Creek are no exception. Arguably the best combination of public schools anywhere.
The following schools are zoned for the Crooked Creek neighborhood. Click the name of the school for more information.
Cogburn Woods Elementary
As collaborating stakeholders of Cogburn Woods Elementary, it is our mission to ensure that students meet or exceed curriculum standards. We embrace individual learning styles and will implement varied strategies to promote success for each child.
The CWE Community envisions a state-wide school of excellence that will:
- Promote student learning in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Embody the values of pride, excellence, tolerance, respect, kindness and compassion.
- Unite to develop life-long learners, problem solvers, and critical thinkers.
- Require student progress to be monitored by students and teachers.
- Use technology as an integral part of learning.
- Provide staff development opportunities to guide continued learning.
- Collaborate by grade and vertical teams to ensure professional growth, support, and delivery of instruction.
- Work together in collaborative teams to promote student achievement.
Our philosophy is based on meeting the needs of the total chid. We are concerned with all areas of development: academic, social, physical and emotional. While our focus is on increasing student achievement, this is not at the exclusion of children’s social, physical or emotional well-being.
We want you to know that we are committed to providing a nurturing, safe, learning environment for your children. Every decision we make will be based on what is best for your children. We want our students to know that they are cared for and listened to and that there is no problem so great that it cannot be solved.
Our goals are to:
- Ensure that all children will achieve to their fullest potential in a safe, nurturing environment.
- Enhance the development of each child’s self esteem so that the child views himself as a person of worth and dignity.
- Make each child’s educational experiences pleasant and success oriented so that the child develops an enthusiasm and love for life long learning.
- Foster a collaborative, respectful relationship between children, families, staff and community.
Visit Cogburn Woods Elementary’s homepage
Hopewell Middle School
Hopewell Middle School opened in August 2004 with a student population of 870. This year, we opened our doors to over 1200 students! Our students come from Manning Oaks, Cogburn Woods, Birmingham Falls and Summit Hill Elementary Schools. Our eighth graders will then go on to attend either Alpharetta High or the new Cambridge High School.
The administration, faculty and staff at Hopewell are highly trained and motivated professionals dedicated to helping our students achieve success in all their endeavors. Just this year, Hopewell began Binder Busters, a program open to all, to get students organized. There are also multiple study skills programs to better prepare our students.
Hopewell students excel in the classroom and beyond. Results from ITBS, CRCT and Georgia Writing Assessment tests show the vast majority of our students meet or exceed standards set by the Georgia Department of Education. All of the bands, the orchestra, and the chorus consistently receive superior ratings at their festival performances and Large Group Performances.
Students can participate in a variety of clubs and after-school activities. There is a club for everyone, ranging from the Academic Bowl to Adventure Club, intramurals and extramurals, music, outreach and service. Last spring Hopewell students had a bake sale to raise money for Share our Strength, a program feeding hungry children in America.
The Parent Teacher Association is an active and dedicated group of volunteers at Hopewell. Your membership dues and enrichment donations provide curriculum based programs, social events for all grade levels, teacher appreciation funds, teacher mini grants and other activities for both students and families not offered by the Board of Education.
Hopewell’s success is myriad: students, faculty, staff, parents and community working together to achieve and sustain excellence.
Cambridge High School
Cambridge High School is the newest High School in Fulton County. Roughly 75% of the students from Milton HS were redistricted to Cambridge High School in 2012 as the school system grew to accommodate the growth in the area. In a very short time, Cambridge has become one of the highest rated High Schools in the nation. Residents relocate from all over Metro Atlanta to attend Cambridge.