The following private schools serve the Crooked Creek neighborhood. Click the name of the school for more information.
Kings Ridge Christian School
Vision: To become the number one choice in north Atlanta for a Christ-centered, academically excellent college preparatory school that is a valued asset in our community.
Mission King’s Ridge Christian School is a Christian community providing a college preparatory education equipping students to know, to serve, and to believe.
Philosophy King’s Ridge Christian School provides a nurturing learning environment supported by the families and the community emphasizing the development of the student: academically, spiritually, physically, emotionally, socially and ethically. As such, we believe:
- In an educational environment of academic excellence providing students with the tools to reach their full potential and be useful in the lives of others.
- In each student as an individual with unique gifts requiring specific focus on learning experiences appropriate to age, maturity and learning style.
- In presenting to students the Christian faith where prayer and worship are integral parts of the life and work of the entire School community.
- In an educational environment that equips students to deal with the diverse aspects of the world and assists them in shaping Christian based responses to complex choices and issues.
- In fostering physical fitness, school spirit, sportsmanship, competition, and teamwork through its comprehensive athletic program.
- In encouraging an appreciation of the aesthetics of music, art and drama through its cultural arts program.
- In a school where students are known, taught, nurtured and loved collectively by teachers, administrators, parents and other students and the inherent value that such an environment brings to each student’s success.
- In the importance of teaching personal responsibility, honor, moral integrity and ethical behavior.
- In developing positive attitudes and self-confidence necessary for college success and lifelong learning.
- In assisting students to develop self-discipline for leadership and compassion for service to others.
- In an environment open to all students that invites and welcomes diversity in our student body.
- In supporting the partnership of parents and valuing families committed to the School’s mission and their active involvement in the life of their children and the School community.
Visit Kings Ridge Christian School’s homepage
The St. Francis School
Saint Francis School’s educational philosophy is based on the premise that every child can succeed if attention is given to his or her learning strengths, as well as his or her learning weaknesses. Children learn best in an environment that is supportive yet challenging and where reachable expectations have replaced ongoing frustration.
Saint Francis allows each child to realize his or her full learning potential by providing a balanced, well-rounded program that pays careful attention to basic skill development, while at the same time encouraging growth through physical activity, fine arts appreciation, scientific experimentation, and historical discovery.
Visit The St. Francis School’s homepage
Mill Springs Academy
MSA Mission Statement
Mill Springs Academy is a values-based educational community dedicated to the academic, physical and social growth of those students who have not realized their full potential in traditional classroom settings.
Visit Mill Springs Academy’s homepage
Purpose: To form Christian leaders who will transform society.
Mission: To provide the highest quality Catholic education and to foster integrally formed Christian leaders. This mission is fulfilled as Pinecrest Academy students graduate as strong Christian leaders, convinced of the truth, and prepared and committed to transforming society where Christian values are taught, embraced and put into practice. This mission is pursued through the development of the whole person (integral formation), encompassing the commitment to teach, to educate, and to form.
To teach the mind, transmitting knowledge appropriate to grade level in an environment of academic excellence.
To educate the heart, helping each student to love authentic values and to develop a sense of what is good, right, noble, just, and beautiful.
To form the character, which serves as the foundation of all virtue and integrity.